Careers at Island Fire Life Safety Co.
An addition to the Mechanic Team of a Fire Protection/Fire Suppression Professionals.
- Experience maintaining and repairing sprinkler systems a plus, willing to train.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read or be trained to read technical document a plus.
- A solid DMV record with no moving violations.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proven mechanical skills, the ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, a strong understanding of how things work and operate together in a Construction environment.
- Mathematical skills and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with moderate supervision a must.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting scheduled time frames.
- Servicing and repairing Fire Protection Systems to the prescribed standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire Protection Systems.
- Safe use and operation of threading machine, groover, hand tools and powered hand tools.
- Familiar with Fire Protection Codes, NFPA13 and NYC Building Codes
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S12, S13 and knowledge of NFPA, a plus.
- Identifying code and non-conformance issues
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job.
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full).
- Perform routine inspections, testing, installing, services and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines
- Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports
- Duties may also include installation of new Fire Protection Systems
- Willing to be on-call after hours for emergency service requests
- Must be able to work at heights and lift at least 50lbs and up to 150lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.